Solar PV Panels
Don't be a hostage to big energy suppliers
All about Solar PV
How to get a income & save on energy
Example: Invest £4950.00 4KW PV system, sit back ,earn £16.188..98
over 20 years TAX FREE (areas my differ)
Try for yourself on the Feed in Tariff Calculator on the top tips page
About photovoltaic (PV) solar panels
Solar panels generate cheap green electricity from sunlight. The cells don't need direct sunlight to work, even on a cloudy day thy can still generate some electricity cells convert the sunlight into electricity which can be used to run general household appliances and lighting.
- Cut your
electricity bills .
- Sunlight is free .so once you've paid for the initial installation your electric bills are greatly reduced
- Get paid for the electricity your panels
- The UK government's Feed in Tariff pay's you for all the electric your panels generate even if the units you use.
- Sell electricity back to the grid.
- If your system is producing more electricity than you need beside being paid for it by FITS you can sell the surplus back to the grid.
- Cut your carbon footprint.
- Solar electricity is a green renewable energy and doesn't release any harmful carbon dioxide or other pollutants. The typical home could save over a tonne of carbon per year -that's more than 30 tonne over its lifetime
How do solar panels (PV) Work
PV cells are made from layers of semi-conducting material, usually silicon. When the light shines on the cell it creates a electric field across the layers. The stronger the sunshine the more electricity is produced,. Groups of cells are mounted together in panels or modules that can either be mounted on your roof or on the ground.
The power of a cell is measured in kilowatts peak (KWp).That's the rate at which it generates energy at peal performance in full direct sunlight using the summer. PV cells come in variety of shapes and sizes. Most PV systems are made up of panels to fit on top of the existing roof, but you can also have solar tiles.
Solar tiles and slates
Solar tiles are designed to be used in place of ordinary roof tiles. System made up of solar tiles will typically cost twice as much as the equivalent panels system. Solar tile systems are not normally cost effective as panel systems and are usually considered were panels are considered not appropriate for aesthetic reasons or planning reason.
Feed in Tariff (FIT's)payments
PV systems have to be installed by a M.C.S. registered installer to qualify for the FIT's Payment. If you system is registered before July 2015 You will receive 12.92p/KWh for all the electricity your panels produce,(even units used in your home) plus units not used are sold back to the grid. You can also expect to save approx. 50% on your bills
M Webb Developments Ltd (DrCarbon) are MCS registered designer and installer also Green Deal approved installer NAP 12438